Finding the Right Cape Cod House Plan
As you think about finding the right Cape Cod house plan for your lifestyle and preferences, there are several different designs and features you can consider:
- Coastal Cape Cod house plans: Cape Cod style homes are a classic seaside house option and are popular choices for homes by the water. They often have gray weathered shingles for a natural look. If your plot of land is in a coastal location, a traditional Cape Cod home plan could be a great fit.
- Modern Cape Cod house plans: If you want to balance the coastal feel with modern elements, there are many options. Big windows and open floor plans are excellent features that will give your traditional-looking home a modern feel. And while shingles are the classic exterior of Cape Cod homes, they can also be done in stucco, brick or stone.
- Size: Historically, Cape Cod homes were a smaller house option, but many home buyers today opt for larger Cape Cod house plans, especially those with large families or who intend to use the home as a vacation home.
Types of Cape Cod House Plans
There are a few different types of Cape Cod homes, including:
- Full Cape: This is the most popular style of Cape Cod homes and is distinguished by having two windows symmetrically placed on either side of the front door. They also usually feature a large chimney and steeped roof.
- Three-quarter Cape: With this kind of Cape, there is one multi-paneled window on one side of the door and two on the other side of the door for a slightly asymmetrical look.
- Half Cape: A half Cape style is a smaller option, marked by a front door on one side and windows on the other.
Whatever type of Cape Cod you choose, there is plenty of room for customizations when you work with Family Home Plans.
Why Choose Family Home Plans?
At Family Home Plans, we offer many benefits to our customers, including:
- Speedy delivery: Once you choose a plan from us, you won't be kept waiting for months. We will send the plan to you in a matter of days.
- Many choices: We have thousands of house plans to choose from. We also can make customizations to the plan you love so that it meets your exact needs.
- Cost effective: We pride ourselves on having competitive prices, and we offer an affordable alternative to paying thousands of dollars for a custom plan from an architect.
- Price match guarantee: To ensure our prices can't be beat, if you find one of our plans from a competitor at a lower price, we will beat that price by 5%. We honor our price match guarantee through the first four weeks after your purchase, so you never have to worry about missing out on a better deal.
Browse Our Cape Cod House Plans Today
Browse our collection of house plans today! We have many Cape Cod style house plans for you to choose from, and we'll work with you on whatever customizations you may need to make it your dream home.